Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

• Yes - Large Trailer with brake controller

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Yes - Small Trailer

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

omarpina

Reactions
Hello @Mikeg112 , thanks for the pictures.

Your trailer its 4k pounds dry weight or GVRS?

Thank you!

View attachment 845 View attachment 846 View attachment 847

After renting a truck for past six months so happy to finally have a tow vehicle that can handle our 4,000 trailer. Took it for a brief test drive last night, here’s my initial feedback:
The palisade did sag a bit initially once you hitch up. But the self-leveling takes about 3-4 miles to adjust due to the nature of the self-leveling shocks. I probably have about a 1-inch drop in the rear axle, will drive an hour to our camping spot and see if I need a weight distribution/sway control hitch over the weekend.
Drive: as a driver you do notice you’re towing, but leaving in comfort mode it almost auto-adjusts the rpms to match the uphill and towing. Surprisingly my wife in the passenger seat didn’t even notice that we were towing! I tried sport mode but was revving a little too high for my preference, so I leave in smart mode for now.

omarpina

Reactions
Well, im planning to buy a Winnebago 2306BHS (4,260 pounds Dry Weight). Planning to use it dry to stay far from the 5k towing capacity as much as I can, considering that Im already planning in a huge trailer. Planning of course to install weight controller and a weight distribution hitch. (Hyundai Palisade 2020 Limited).

starr1005

Reactions
Well, im planning to buy a Winnebago 2306BHS (4,260 pounds Dry Weight). Planning to use it dry to stay far from the 5k towing capacity as much as I can, considering that Im already planning in a huge trailer. Planning of course to install weight controller and a weight distribution hitch. (Hyundai Palisade 2020 Limited).
4260 dry seems like it is really pushing it, no? I have been looking at trailers, and I think I am going to try and stay under 3750 or so.

Hyundai Palisade Posts