Will Not Start with Key Fob

adjustermm

Reactions
I have a 2024 Palisade Calligraphy. Last night we went to our son's house for dinner. We we got in the Palisade to go home, the car would not start. It was like the key fob battery was dead. I tried starting it with the remote and it started right up, but would stop running when you put it in gear. (like it is supposed to do). I tried starting it with the app on my phone and it started up just fine. I was able to put in gear and drive home with no issues. When I got home, I read everything I could find in the owners manual and online including this forum. I decided to give up and go to bed. I got up this morning and changed the battery in my remote which I was sure I didn't need to do because it worked to start the car remotely. I decided since everything on the car seems to controlled by computer, I would disconnect the negative battery cable. I remove it and left it off maybe 3 or 4 minutes. I reconnected it and the car worked as it is supposed to. My "reboot" solved the problem. I hope it doesn't happen again, but just in case, I think I'll carry a ratchet with a 10mm deep socket. The car is scheduled for it's 15,000 mile service on September 10th. We'll see what the service department says. If I get anything helpful from them I will post it. I hope this helps someone.

Hyundai Palisade Posts