Rear bumper step options

__shredit

Reactions
I have rear opening cargo carrier I planned on using with my new Palisade. I did get the "trailering package" option on my SEL, but didn't realize until I picked the car up this didn't include tow hitch receiver. Why provide the option for upgraded transmission and sway bars without the actual tow package? Who knows....still scratching my head.

They will install a receiver at the dealership for $400+, but it doesn't look like anything different than you could get installed an a Uhaul place for a 1/3 of the price.

Long/short, I have another vehicle I can tow trailers with. I just need a step to reach the carrier. Does anyone know of any other accessory (that doesn't require a tow receiver) that can be attached to the rear of the vehicle that won't mess with the cameras and/or sensors?

Thanks!

Westly

Reactions
I got the Curt, $172 for the hitch, all is hidden behind bumper but the receiver. The hidden hitch is nice, but expensive and can’t hold as much on the 2“ receiver, ball attachment can though. I also got the $40 curt adapter harness that just plugs in, looks identical to the OEM. The hitch just bolts on, no modification needed. When inserting the through bolts, be sure to insert them on the un-obstructed side and put the nuts on where a heat shield or bolt blocks access. etrailer.com has a video, but the guy forces in the bolts the hard way.
83FC0FBF-A195-4ADF-8221-22B2DA75E5E4.jpeg B779101A-7F9C-4730-A162-4D6EF6E8495D.jpeg 1E6CA3D0-05A6-4B84-930D-94F24B3A52B8.jpeg 77C1DA0D-F15A-4335-BAF9-3CC37A55B24C.jpeg

Last edited:

Gene

Reactions
How much ground clearance do you loose?

Hyundai Palisade Posts