LED Tailgate Lamp (MOD)

Reactions
I bought one of these in anticipation of upgrading things when I bought my SUV. Well once I actually received it I can see that there is not an actual place for this. Do you know if the Canadian version has a specific cutout or molding for this? This is a USA version that I have and the part is a direct MOBIS OEM component from Korea.

Thanks for any additional info on this.

OP
SuperSnake79
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
cut1.png cut2.png

Here is an image of a Korean shop doing the install but once again like the other headache I thought would be easy no wiring diagram or information anywhere. This is a really nice addition since it only comes on with the gate open and has a tilt swivel action to adjust the light angle. Another great interior add on mod if only wiring was documented.

OP
SuperSnake79
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I am going to take the plunge and just wing this install. The only thing I am worried about is the actual placement of the light. Since this will be a dremel install I would hate to have it misplaced and be an issue for something else. Without taking the tailgate trim off I am not sure if the depth only works in spot to make it clear or if I could actually cut it in a wrong spot. Once I build the confidence hoping this weekend I will post pictures and a good reseller with the same product if someone else wants one.

Reactions
It's nice. But I dont think I have the confidence to go through it.

Reactions
Glad to see you installed it successfully! I'll pick up this part as well next year :)

Hyundai Palisade Posts