Is there an AWD-lock on Canadian Palisades?

Reactions
I am wondering if any people on this site are able to help with some Canadian questions? Our trim levels are different here and some of our options are different too. Our Drive Control Knob let’s us choose to switch between drive and terrain modes (drive includes eco, comfort, sport and smart while terrain includes snow, mud and sand). In some pics from other places, I see a 4 (or All) WD lock choice in the centre. I have not been able to get an answer regarding how to lock my All Wheel Dr. on our Palisade Luxury Trim All Wheel Drive version (50/50 front/back)?

Attachments

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Since we in Canada can’t lock the front and rear wheels with a dedicated AWD-Lock button, what I am really trying to figure out is 1) how a Canadian can rock the vehicle forwards and backwards with 4 slowly spinning wheels (no dead wheels); and 2) exactly what each of the Canadian multi terrain modes (snow, mud, sand) do to the engine, transmission, AWD, and braking.

Please help

Attachments

Last edited:

Gene

Reactions
Place mode in smart mode, vehicle will distribute power to front and rear axles as needed. That is all our USA lock does, locks 50% front 50% rear.
Smart mode will determine if that is what is needed. This does not lock both wheels on each axle that is still controlled by torque vectoring by brakes
Then use the P and R buttons to rock vehicle. Make sure you let off on gas each time you shift, not necessary to floor gas pedal, only partial throttle.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Gene. would you also follow the owner manual where it says switch off the ESC so brakes don’t stop the free wheels from turning when they are free but to watch out for fast spinning

Hyundai Palisade Posts