Hyundai Palisade POWERTRAIN

Reactions
POWERTRAIN
Palisade power comes from an Atkinson-cycle 3.8-liter V6, dual CVVT, direct-injected engine, for excellent power and efficiency. This 3.8-liter powerplant produces an estimated 291 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm and an estimated 262 lb.-ft. of torque @ 5,000 rpm. Palisade offers more standard horsepower than any other SUV in its competitive set and an unsurpassed level of torque. Palisade delivers that power to the wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission with a multi-plate torque converter and offers both two-wheel and HTRAC® four-wheel-drive configurations, with a final drive ratio of 3.648 for confident acceleration. Special efforts were made to reduce Palisade NVH, with generous under-hood insulation, special sound-deadening carpets and powertrain tuning that delivers a smooth, linear response. In addition, Palisade offers drivers the ability to start the vehicle via remote key fob or via the Blue Link app.

• Displacement (L) 3.8 V6
  • Horsepower 291 @ 6,000
  • Torque (lb.-ft.) 262 @ 5,000
  • Transmission 8 AT

Reactions
I am pleased with my Palisade Limited and its performance and the design was good with all the sound deadening in the front cabin. I feel those feature should have been extended to the rear to help with rear road noise. Is there a fix for this problem. Where and what type sound deadening would help the rear area.

Thanks. !

Reactions
I'm also happy with the power on mine too. Haven't had any issues with road noise though

Reactions
I'm also happy with the power on mine too. Haven't had any issues with road noise though
It happens on certain road surface at slow speeds .. I was thinking about about putting some "undercoating " type stuff on the fender linners in rhe rear.??

Reactions
I've seen some people even take off the door panels and putting sound deadening and it still didn't help.

Reactions
I've seen some people even take off the door panels and putting sound deadening and it still didn't help.
I don't think I'll remove any door panels but I think I am going to try a few things and see what happens..

Reactions
It happens on certain road surface at slow speeds .. I was thinking about about putting some "undercoating " type stuff on the fender linners in rhe rear.??
That might help. Should be fairly easy to do.

Hyundai Palisade Posts