Carlinkit 2.0 and 2020 Palisade not supported?

edentel

Reactions
Hello! I just became the proud owner of a new 2021 Palisade yesterday afternoon and thanks to the magic of Amazon shipping I had a Carlinkit 2.0 in my hands this afternoon.

Is anyone able to get this dongle to work in a 2021? I screwed around with it in the driveway for about 30 minutes before coming in to research online. I simply got no result from the device.

-Carplay icon never activated
-While my phone would bluetooth pair it would never automatically pair with WiFi

I came back in to do some research and I found links to manually update the firmware to builds from this week. Thinking I had it worked out I headed back out to the Palisade. Now when I plug it in and turn on the Palisade there is a slight wait and an error message pops up on the screen which, going from memory, is somethign to the effect of "Media function is not compatible with this device".

I did an Amazon replacement request so we'll see if this one is just a dud or not.

In the meantime....is anyone using the Carlinkit 2.0 with a 2021?

Thanks!

Last edited:

owensned

Reactions
I will be curious to see if you get it to work since it the Amazon site doesn’t list the Palisade as one of the compatible vehicles.

OP
E

edentel

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
The new one came in and worked right out of the box. I did a few upgrades and it works a slight bit faster with a little less lag from button push to response. Apparently the first one was bricked out of box. My advice is buy the cheapest Carlinkit version 2 via Amazon Prime as they are all the same unit.

Last edited:

Hyundai Palisade Posts