Cabin Air Filter

Reactions
Hey, has anyone had any issues with finding or attempting to replace their cabin air filter? I have gone to several different local auto parts stores around my area and all the filters are to Big!?! I would hate to go to the dealer but thats my next option...Any suggestions??
As you can see the WIX is bigger than the stock OEM and this is what the part number is from the store and online.

Attachments

OP
H
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Pipewrench, I did order that WIX from RockAuto and you can see from the pic that it didn't fit. They just refunded my $$ on the 3 that I ordered, today actually!! But agin, when I have gone to the local auto parts store(s) say they the filters: WIX, FRAM, STP, etc..are suppose to fit and when we compare it to the OEM filter they are all to BIG!! They must fit the Telluride??? So the dealer has them for $30 and I will be going here shortly to get one...Ugh!!!! If anyone out there has a hookup on these PLZ LMK!!

Reactions
Wow .. I was going to order one but maybe I'll hold off for now. Did you ever measure and get the dimensions. I will ask around and see what I can come up with and yes the $30 is a bit high . Thanks for the information Hyundai Owner.. !!

Reactions
Hyundai Owner .. I called a local auto parts store and they said they would have to order it.. sad thing was their price was $30.99 but some information.His part number showed it to be 9-15/16" long x 8-3/4" wide x 1-3/16" thick..

OP
H
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Pipewrench, the dealer filter I got is: 9 3/8"L x 8 3/8"W x 1 1/4" thick....it also has to be installed Sideways with the arrows down and not to the Front with the arrows down like the filter that came from the factory. I should've measured the one that came from the factory but its Long gone in the trash...Sorry..G'luck with your search!! When/if I come across a filter that fits thats under $30 I'll let you know.

Reactions
Pipewrench, the dealer filter I got is: 9 3/8"L x 8 3/8"W x 1 1/4" thick....it also has to be installed Sideways with the arrows down and not to the Front with the arrows down like the filter that came from the factory. I should've measured the one that came from the factory but its Long gone in the trash...Sorry..G'luck with your search!! When/if I come across a filter that fits thats under $30 I'll let you know.

Thanks for the update and information.. !! The information the parts store gave was a different size than the one you purchased from the dealer.. Glad I didn't tell him to order one..!!

EWE BOAT

Reactions

wxrocks

Reactions
A solution that worked for me was using the dimensions of the LUFTT filter mentioned and using the measurements of the filter in my vehicle. I went to the Wix website where they have an awesome tool to sort by dimension. I found one that is just a shave less on the shorter on the smaller dimension, but I noticed the filter got a bit deformed by the cover anyway. So the filter for the 2015-2020 Chevy Colorado fits amazingly well, and what's nice is it is widely available at big box stores and auto parts stores.

Reactions

Hyundai Palisade Posts